By Karen DeWolfe and Michel Wiman
In Corvallis, our organizations joined together to share out all the events we have in store for our community, and are hosting an Earth Day evening celebration at Common Fields
Food Cart & Tap House with engaging displays and booths to connect around our shared work. Follow our Facebook Page - Earth Day Oregon: Corvallis
for updates. Not on Facebook? The Earth Day menu below also details when and where to join in on local Earth Day events that are on each organization's website. Contact the organization that interests you. Come out and join our collaboration and do your part for our planet's future. Working together, we can make a bigger impact.
Corvallis Earth Day Event Menu:
- All of April - Join the CEC Carbon Friendly Challenge and help us reach our 10,000 mile goal! On April 22nd - All carbon friendly miles in nature count for the challenge! Go visit nature in a carbon conscious way!
- All of April - Join the Seeds for the SOL Earth Day Scavenger Hunt Challenge
- April 16th - Planet Palooza 12 pm - 3 pm (Starts at the Farmers Market, ends at the Solutions Fair at the Skate Park)
- April 22nd (1 pm – 5 pm) Four Creeks Earth Day Bicycle Tour - Take a bike tour of four creek regeneration projects in Corvallis. Contact: Dave Eckert, de[email protected], for registration and information.
- April 22nd - Volunteer to plant native plants for Earth Day with Institute for Applied Ecology (See below and click for more information and to RSVP).
- April 22nd - SAGE Work Party, (2-4 pm). The food grown at SAGE is donated to local food banks and soup kitchens–providing fresh, healthy fruits and vegetables to families in our community who cannot afford them.
- April 22nd - Bike and tour Corvallis waterways with the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition.
- April 22nd - Common Fields After Work Earth Day Party! After you've worked hard for the earth, celebrate with your community at Common Fields, 6-8 pm.
- April 22nd - Drink Tried and True Coffee for Chintimini! Tried & True Coffee Co. will donate 25% of their Earth Day sales from both locations to Chintimini Wildlife Center! Tried & True is a locally owned and operated specialty coffee shop with a focus on sustainable buying practices.
- April 23rd - Chintimini Wildlife Center tours
Make your own personal Earth Day Pledge
Are you ready to take action for our earth? Want to know you are not in this alone? Join us in making an Earth Day Pledge and share a photo and/or your pledge on social media showing us how you have decided to become part of the solution! More information on the Corvallis Earth Day Oregon Facebook page.
Plant Natives at IAE's Earth Day Volunteer Day
IAE needs volunteers to help plant approximately 2,000 native plants at Herbert Farm and Natural Area, about 5 miles south of Corvallis, Oregon. We will plant Oregon geranium (Geranium oreganum) and narrowleaf mule’s ears (Wyethia angustifolia) and other prairie species. Come do your part for Earth Day, Friday April 22, 2022, and help restore this former farm field into a native prairie to benefit pollinators, birds, and all of us. Click here for more information and to RSVP.
Check out all these amazing events
taking place in Oregon this month, There is a way for everyone to get involved in Earth Day and make a difference!
See you out there!