Please join the Institute for Applied Ecology (IAE) at the IAE Farm for a summer volunteer day! We’ll have trays of Willamette Daisy (Erigeron decumbens) plugs that are (just) germinating and will need to be thinned down to a couple of seedlings per plug. We will use tweezers or small scissors to remove excess plants from the plugs—and possibly move those seedlings to plugs that haven’t had germination.
Please RSVP to Evan Lasley at [email protected] if you are interested in attending this volunteer event, and so we can have enough tools and chairs for volunteers. We’ll have tables and chairs set up in the shade for people to work at and will provide all of the tools to get the work done. This job requires some dexterity, but is not physically demanding! Even helping out for an hour or two would be a huge help.
- When: Friday, July 7, 2023 between 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Where: IAE Farm, BPP shade plots, 34016 NE Electric Rd., Corvallis, OR 97333
- Work to be completed: Thinning Willamette Daisy plugs using tweezers and/or small scissors
- What to bring: Snacks, water. All volunteers (or parent/guardian if volunteer is a youth) must fill out IAE’s volunteer release form online or bring a physical copy to the event.
****Google maps will take you to the wrong place. Use the following link or directions. ****
BPP Shade House
34016 NE Electric Rd.
Corvallis, OR, 97333
- From Corvallis, head East on Hwy 34 over the Willamette River.
- Take a left on Electric Rd.
- Turn left into the gated area and follow that past the buildings towards the golf course fence.
- Take a left at the fence and follow that dirt road until you reach the shade tunnel on your right.