Growing 25,000 native plants for Sage-grouse habitat, including Wyoming Big Sagebrush (Artemisia tridentata) and Silver Sage (Artemisia cana).
- A partnership between Institute for Applied Ecology, Wyoming Department of Corrections, and Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality - Abandoned Mine Lands (DEQ-AML)
- WHF is located in Riverton Wyoming, and is a minimum security facility.
- Wyoming joined the Sagebrush in Prisons Project in 2019.
- A shade house structure was constructed by DOC to grow and house the sagebrush.
- Some of the sagebrush from WHF will be planted to restore abandoned mine lands on BLM land by Lander Middle School students (AMLs).