Please join the Institute for Applied Ecology (IAE) to plant the beautiful and
endangered (recently delisted!) Nelson’s checkermallow at Herbert Farm and Natural Area! This is a great opportunity to see one of the most beautiful natural areas in the City of Corvallis, meet new friends, and help restore habitat for an important local species native to the Willamette Valley.
- When: Thursday, December 7, 2023 between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Where: Herbert Farm and Natural Area, Corvallis, Oregon.
- Directions: From Corvallis, drive south on 99, and turn right on Herbert Road. You will see storage units to the right before you turn. Google will take you to the first parking lot, but drive past that until the road dead ends and park at the second parking lot (Pin: https://maps.app.goo.gl/fxHKsSnvrgK4sowp7?g_st=ic).
- Work to be completed: Planting Nelson’s checkermallow at Herbert Farm and Natural Area.
- What to bring: Bring lunch and warm clothes. Tools and gloves will be provided. No experience necessary. The weather will run rain or shine so please bring rain gear and boots you are fine with getting muddy. All volunteers (or parent/guardian if the volunteer is a youth) must fill out IAE’s volunteer release form.
If you are interested in volunteering (large and small groups are welcome to join) or have questions about this opportunity, please contact Evan Lasley at [email protected]. Please make sure to RSVP so we can be certain to bring sufficient tools and gloves for the day.